Tuesday 13 December 2011

And time will make fools of us all

Like ships in the night
You keep passing me by

There's you and me
And all other people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you.

Help
I have done it again
I have been here so many times, before.
Hurt
Myself again, today
And the worst part is
There's no one else to blame
Be my friend.
Hold me.
Wrap me up.
Unfold me.
I am small, and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me.

I'm out on the edge and I'm screaming your name
Like a fool
At the top of my lungs

You'll try to hit me
Just to hurt me
So you leave me feeling dirty
'Cause you can't understand.

How I need to hear you
Hear you so softly
Hear you say anything...
Every single tear you shed
Well it kills me.

I've said it so many times
I would change my ways
No, never mind
God knows I've tried.

I'm not perfect
But I keep trying
'Cause that's what I said I would do
From the start
I'm not alive if I'm lonely
So please tell me
Was it something I said
Or just my personality?

And I can't find my breath
Can we just say the rest with no sound?

The tears are coming down
They're mixing with the rain
I know I love you
If that's all we can take.

May I hold you
As you fall asleep
When the world is closing in
And you can't breathe.
May I love you?

What about now?
What about today?
What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?

Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching
As if I'm not enough?

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away

When the tears fall away
And there's no conversation.
There's nothing left to break
That's not already broken.

Call me a sinner
Call me a saint
Tell me it's over
I'll still love you the same.

This is life without you
Learning how to miss you
I guess I'll need to know
How it feels like
This is life without you

I told myself I won't miss you
But I remember
What it feels like beside you.

I've looked at love
From both sides now
From up and down
But still somehow
It's
Love's illusions
I recall
I really don't know love at all

I thought I saw a sign, somewhere between the lines
But maybe it's me,
Maybe I only see what I want
Well I still have your letter
Just got caught between
Someone I just invented, who I really am, and who I've become

So lately
Been wondering
Who will be there to take my place?

I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things
I couldn't give to you.

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head but she's touching his chest now
He takes off her dress
Now
Let me go.

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was
Praying that you and me might
End up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert.

And I think you should know this:
You deserve much better than me.

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now.

If I could find the years that went away
I must believe that love will find a way
Tonight.
Lonely, finds me, one day
You will come.
And I'll wait, for love's sake
One day
To be
Loved.

Please, please, please
Let me
Let me
Let me
Get what I want

I find peace when I'm confused
And I find hope when I'm let down
Not in me
In you
It's in you.

I meant what I said when I said "till my dying day"
I'm holding onto you
Holding onto me
Maybe it's all gone black but you're all I see.

And I'll be at your side
Wherever you're falling
Dead of night
Whenever you're calling
So please don't fight these hands that are holding you.

I do want you to know
I hold you up above everyone
And I do want you to know
I think
You'd be good to me
I'd be so good to you.

Time won't ever steal my soul
We're not broken
So please come home.
If the world has
Worn you down
I'll be waiting
So please come home.

Yeah, all the things that you are
Beautifully broken
Alive in my heart
Know that you are everything
Let your heart sing and
Tonight, we'll light up the stars.

I hate to turn up out of the blue
Uninvited, but I
Couldn't stay away
I couldn't fight it, I
Hoped you'd see my face
And that you'd be reminded that for me
It isn't over.

It's easier to be broken
It's easier to hide.
Looking at you
Holding my breath, for
Once in my life
I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance
Letting you inside.

If I could
Then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high
Or down low
I'll go wherever you will go.
If I could
Turn
Back
Time
I'll go wherever you will go.

My dear,
We're
Slow dancing
In a burning room
  
It is you I have loved
All along.

It was five years ago today.
A lot has changed since then.
But what I realised then, how I feel about you... that hasn't.
I know you'll never see me that way.
I know you're happy.
I know one day I will watch you get married, and live and love and treasure your life.
And I want that for you will all my heart.
But for now just let me say:
I love you.
And, I'm yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment