Tuesday 10 January 2012

I think the term is 'Non-Scale Victory'?

So earlier today I was really craving something sweet and I unfortunately remembered that I had half a packet of biscuits in the back of the cupboard that I'd totally forgotten about. So I had one. And then, an hour or so later, I had another. And then, I stopped myself, and I lay down on my bed and put my hands on my stomach and took a few deep breaths and told myself that I wasn't hungry and the biscuits weren't doing me any good at all, and if I was hungry I could go and eat a damn satsuma. And no more biscuits for me. Success.

In other good news, I had to order a new bra because my only decent one tragically broke last week. I felt daring and ordered a 34 size, when I've always had a 38 or 40 before. It arrived today and it fits! Slightly snug but actually pretty comfortable. Success.

While I've been without a decent bra, I've been unable to go running or do any proper random jumping around which has, shockingly, been really really really frustrating. Six months ago I'd have laughed so hard if you'd told me I'd miss running if I couldn't do it for a week. But guess what? I've really missed running! So much so that I tried to run in a shockingly badly fitting bra, and let me you that was one bad idea. Ow. But hey, I'm all kitted up now and tomorrow morning I am going out for a long long run and I cannot wait. Positive attitude towards exercise? Hell yeah! Success.

So, all in all, calorie limits are being kept to, self-disciplined revision for exams is happening in moderate amounts, continuous sugary snacking out of stress and boredom is not happening, sleep is being got, good times are being had.

Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so tired of my life being dictated by bras. I just went bra shopping myself because my bras seem to be disintegrating before my eyes. I also need to get a good sports bra too. Such a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete