Saturday 5 May 2012

Flying without wings?

This is going to sound very strange. Because it felt very strange.

I was out running just now, and I was thinking how some days my jogging pace feels really easy and some days pretty hard, but I know I cover the same ground in the same times so I do run consistently at roughtly 6 m.p.h.

So, just for a laugh, I thought I'd try sprinting for a bit, so I pushed myself faster... and it was the weirdest feeling, my legs were going faster and faster underneath me and it kinda felt like they were just carrying me. I hadn't sprinted in ages, but it just felt totally different from any sprinting I ever remember doing, ever. Because I felt... light. Like I was flying.

It was so surreal that I actually stopped because I was worried I might be a bit light-headed, but I wasn't, I was fine. Just not used to not feeling heavy all the time.

WEIRD.

No comments:

Post a Comment