Saturday 15 October 2011

Saturday mornings!

So Saturday mornings are my weigh-in times, and I can now officially say that after a moderate drop this week, I have now lost one stone in total. This is a very good thing. Of course I'm still a good three and a half stone from my goal, but progress is progress!

My housemate is away for the weekend so I have the house to myself. I expect plenty of dancing insanely around to Lady Gaga, which is my own little way of squeezing exercise in when I'm too busy or the weather is too lousy to do anything proper. I'm having to be careful of my feet at the moment too since I'm getting pain along the tops of them and really don't want to bugger up my tendons, so running is outlawed for the time being. (Which, remarkably, I'm quite disappointed by. Who would have thought I'd miss running!) I may test to see if cycling feels okay though, or else just a lot of walking this weekend and swimming again during the week.

Apologies, this has turned into a really boring summary of my exercise plans. Onto more exciting things...

The weather! (I'm so British...) I think it's turning properly autumnal now. People are even (Shock! Horror!) starting to mention Christmas, and the lights have gone up in town, though won't be switched on for a while yet. I'm not someone who gets depressed at the oncoming of winter. Winter is actually probably my favourite season; I really like it when it's all cold and crisp, I guess the world sort of seems quieter.

Everyday I see Vs of birds fleeing south, who knows where they're off to? They're quite dramatic though, black against the white-cloud sky. Tell you what, I wish some of the seagulls would get off out of here. One properly the size of a small chicken came pecking around my lunch the other day. Vicious little gits.

Time is flying and winter is coming and my weight is falling, and I'm happy.

"Sparrows were feeding in a freezing drizzle
That while you watched turned to pieces of snow
Riding a gradient invisible
From silver asland to random, white and slow.

There came a moment that you couldn't tell.
And then they clearly flew instead of fell."
Howard Nemerov

 

No comments:

Post a Comment